There are various factors that underlie the real cause of uterine fibroids. There are primary causes that contribute to the development of the fibroids in the uterus, and then there are secondary causes that contribute to the aggravation of these present fibroids.
There might even be external factors like, emotional upheavals, which disrupt the normal balance of the body and make you vulnerable to such diseases.
Some of the primary factors that can be said to be the real causes of uterine fibroids are listed below:
- 1. Genetic Predisposition– The genetic construction in certain women makes them predisposed to abnormal metabolic cell activity. Women suffering from dysfunctional metabolisms are therefore more susceptible to conditions like uterine fibroids than others. Fortunately, such genetic predisposition can be changed. Genetic research shows that genetic constructions can be altered and influenced to one’s advantage. By taking control of the internal and external environments that affect your body, you can reform your actual genetic tendencies and thereby overcome the disease.
- 2. Poor Dietary Practices- A healthy, complete diet is essential for a fit and active life. This is especially vital for women, as the slightest negligence can greatly affect the body’s internal balance. Thus, low intake of fruits and vegetables and excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and toxic foods create problems like hormonal imbalance, lowered immunity and poor digestion. Under such conditions, uterine fibroids can develop more easily.
- 3. Weakened Immune System– Poor diet, inadequate rest, stress, toxic accumulation, excessive use of medications- all contribute in lowering the immunity of the body. This makes the body highly vulnerable to the condition as the body cannot work towards balancing the hormones or eliminating the toxic waste within the body.
- 4. Accumulation of Toxins – In our daily life, we are constantly exposed to toxins– in the food we eat, the water we drink or even the air we breathe. This leads to the accretion of toxins in our blood, lymph, kidneys and colon. These toxins then cause ovary damage, infertility and dysfunctional hormones. Some environmental toxins can even lower one’s progesterone levels. All of these factors greatly increase the body’s susceptibility and make one prone to uterine fibroids.
- 5. Insulin Resistance– When the cells in one’s body are less responsive towards the insulin hormone, insulin resistance is caused. This negatively impacts the insulin dependent mechanisms in the body. To counter the impassivity of the cells, the pancreas starts producing more and more insulin. Chronically high levels of insulin in the body cause production of male hormones like testosterone and thus stimulate the development of uterine fibroids.
- 6. Hormones- Uterine fibroids have been known to thrive on hormones like estrogen and progesterone. In fact, the fibroids contain higher levels of estrogen than their surroundings. During pregnancy and menstruation, estrogen levels are at their highest. This is usually the time when the fibroid condition is at its worst. A lot of women have discovered that upon reaching menopause, the fibroids shrink, or sometimes, even disappear.
Since the real causes of uterine fibroids are complex, it goes to follow that their treatment should also be multidimensional. A wide variety of treatments, ranging from simple medicinal drugs to complex surgeries, are available for addressing uterine fibroid symptoms. However, if you are looking for a safe and natural form of remedy, it is best to take a holistic approach to your condition.
Holistic treatment is aimed at treating your body as whole and attacking the root of the condition, instead of only taking into account the affected part of your body. For instance, a proper diet combined with suitable exercise and intake of medicinal herbs strengthens the body’s immunity and mental and emotional stamina, rectifying problems of stress, toxic accumulation and other factors that stimulate growth of fibroids. Thus holistic treatment not only eliminates the existing fibroids but also permanently prevents further fibroids from developing. Through holistic treatment, your body is equipped to fight various conditions and restore itself to a state of health and well being.
This article is based on the book, “Fibroids Miracle” by Amanda Leto. Amanda is an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant who dedicated her life to creating the ultimate Fibroids solution guaranteed to permanently reverse the root of uterine fibroids, naturally enhance your fertility and dramatically improve the overall quality of your life, without the use prescription medication and without any surgical procedures. Learn more by visiting her website: