Profiting From Effective Communication In Business
Using The Power Of Text Messaging
Texting on a qwerty keypad phone (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Learn How Your Business Can Benefit By Utilizing Technology For Effective Communication With Your Employees And Customers.
How Can Text Messaging Be Used For Effective Communication ?
In any sort of business or enterprise, the significance of effective communication cannot be underestimated, it is correct to assume that effective communication contributes directly to the prosperity of any business. Without effective communication within a business, co-ordination of activities becomes impossible and slows or hinders the operation of production.
Technology And Effective Communication
The emergence of the internet has quickly wiped the traditional postal mails which for decades were the most preferred mode of effective communication. The world wide web offers the advantage of effective communication via emails and these have quickly become the preferred method used for effective communication nowadays by nearly every business; but emails may also be slow, thereby many organizations are now just beginning to utilize an even more efficient method of effective communication by sending messages across their organization using the power of business text messaging.
Among the factors which have benefited businesses attempting to improve effective communication with both employees and customers, business texting is rapidly becoming popular lately due to the fact that almost every person carries a cell phone or other electronic device and unlike computers, phones are portable thus making it simpler to maintain effective communication and deliver a message instantly. This form of V is especially valuable to businesses today because people carry their devices with them everywhere they go. Thus, if you are the boss and also you need to summon your team for a meeting, it can make the task easier and very effective. Another huge competitive advantage that business texts have over email for rapid and more effective communication is due to the fact that as methods of business effective communication goes it is in real-time. The ability of personal electronic devices and smart phones to send out effective communication via nearly instant notifications and alert you whenever you get a new message enables real-time delivery of messages thus improving overall effective communication within your business.
Thus, incorporating business texting as part of your companies effective communication plan, not just provides competitive edge but it also ensures efficiency. But just there is a downside to this method of effective communication, as much as text messaging can help your business work effectively, text messages can be extremely sensitive when used inappropriately.
Below are 5 quick tips to help you effectively implementing an effective communication plan within your organization, using the power of business text messaging to help you achieve maximum results;
- Make use of the correct terminology: When sending effective communication via company messaging, remember to make use of the correct terminology, and not make the mistake of addressing your customers and/or employees like your friends. Utilizing correct terminology in your effective communication attempts is necessary to maintain the proper business relationships with both clients and employees. This creates an air of the “Chain Of Command” within your organization.
- Proper timing is essential for effective communication: This means that you can’t send a company text message during the non-business hours because, not only is it considered unprofessional and rude, but your message is going to be ineffective thereby hindering your attempts at effective communication. A company text message is not a social conversation, so keep the timing within your company‘s stipulated business hours whenever possible.
- For your Communications to be effective, Make your business text brief and make it targeted: Think carefully about the message you wish to convey; the reason why you’re considering creating a message over an e-mail is because you wanted to provide some fast information in the simplest manner so adhere to the rules and make it short and to the point.
- Use catchy attention grabbing phrases to increase effective communication: Words like ‘OFFER’, ‘DISCOUNT’, etc need to be the first thing someone sees as they open your text message. These are great emotional triggers that can prompt anybody to read your message, further benefiting your company’s use of effective communication in your message.
- For effective communication to prompt a rapid response, always include a “call-to-action”: At the end of your text message, ask a question or put something that will prompt your recipient to take action. This may include calling you back or following a certain procedure that you would like them to follow. This is often one of the least implemented but most effective tricks in using an effective communication plan in your business texting plan.
Effective communication using business text messaging
Even as we have witnessed it is likely that one of the best methods of communication within an organization as it can certainly help systematize the operations within your enterprise in a very inexpensive, simple and effective manner. When using effective communication via the incorporation of texts within your business you should experience a significant rise in the collaboration between departments, or else you may even opt to use mass business texting as a form of effective communication to reach to 1000s of your prospective customers.
Whichever you choose, the following tips above to implement your effective communication plan will always turn out to be useful and you’ll notice the difference and take your venture a step further forward!
For More Information About Profiting From Text Messages
- The Text Message Era (mycricket.com)
- Text Messages (myorbit365.wordpress.com)
- Effective Communication : How to do better detailing? (pharmasales-effectiveness.com)