No matter how impressive your website is and no matter how great your product may be…
Without website traffic you won’t make any sales.
People who just happen to land on your website are not going to be very numerous. Getting enough visitors to your site to make it profitable will not happen by itself; it requires some effort. This doesn’t mean that it has to be difficult to get more visitors to your site, though. In fact, traffic generation efforts should only take at least an hour or two of your day at most. You should not get the idea that there is only one way to get website traffic; there are actually quite a few good methods.
Here are some basic traffic generation methods that you can start doing today.
- Submit your website to secondary search engines, but let Google and Bing index your site through other means such as links you can help get noticed.
- Manually submitting with Google’s submit form is not needed at all, and you can do it faster using social media techniques.
- It won’t take very long to submit to several dozen secondary engines.
- But they will provide backlinks and contribute to how ‘popular’ your site can be perceived by Google.
- You can get backlinks in very many ways, and it’s true that some will carry more weight than others.
- This will help you with Google because your backlinks will appear to be more natural, and they do take that into some consideration.
PPC campaigns are probably the fastest way to build traffic.
These can be made relatively inexpensively. If you word your ads carefully and creatively, you can get quite a few new visitors through these pay per click campaigns.
You may want to use the biggest one, Google Adwords Pay per click is one strategy that many internet marketers have used to bring in lots of traffic and make many sales. It’s important to make your ads interesting enough that people will want to click on them!
Do you know of any newsletters that exist in your niche? Try to build a relationship, and then request if you can contribute some articles to their ezines. You’re not doing this for direct payment, you’re doing it for exposure of your name and your website to the audience. Quite a few ezine authors will be agreeable to this arrangement if your articles have good content and are written well. You never know what may come of it, maybe a paid writing job.
There is no shortage of methods to attract website traffic; in fact, it can be difficult to know which ones you want to use. Our recommendation is that you focus on one traffic building method per day. Test one method for a certain amount of time, such as three months and if you find it isn’t working as well as you’d hoped, give another method a chance.
The trick is to find something that does work and then put more effort into that so you can build your traffic even more. More visitors to your website can only help you. A certain percentage of your visitors will become customers, so more traffic means more money!
Pop to my site for the best suggestions here: http://topalexatraffic.com